Due to Federal and State directives regarding the Coronavirus(Covid-19) emergency, Mass Union Convention is postponed.
On Tuesday March 10th Charlie Baker Governor of Massachusetts declared a state of emergency in an effort to manage a “significant uptick” of coronavirus cases.
Mass DPH’s website has information and best practices on coronavirus in Massachusetts, including current cases, current quarantine numbers, and prevention recommendations. This information is updated daily at the above link. Guidance at this time essentially asks residents to take special care of hygiene, as one would do to control the spread of influenza.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean things that are frequently touched (like doorknobs and countertops) with household
cleaning spray or wipes.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with others.
Coronavirus appears to be most dangerous for elderly populations, especially those with pre-existing health issues. DPH and CDC have developed specific recommendations for Long Term Care Facilities – while these are not equivalent to elderly public housing, some of the recommendations should be considered for protecting vulnerable residents of Chapter 667 developments.
Click here for more information about care facilities
For more information please consult the documents provided below:
Postponed 2020 Spring Convention
Governor Baker declares an emergency