The Mass Union Board of Directors has approved $12,000 in scholarships for our affiliates! We are hoping for a big turn out and lots of new faces.
Scholarships will cover the full cost of the Convention from 8am on Saturday until 1pm on Sunday. This covers all meals and sessions, the Jack Cooper Retirement Gala on Saturday, and a shared room on Saturday night. Registration and Breakfast open at 8am on Saturday and the Morning Plenary begins at 10am.
To request a scholarship, email email@example.com by April 13 at 5pm. Tell us:
- The name of your tenant group and your Housing Authority.
- Which one or two people would like to come and their contact information. You can apply for a scholarship as one or two individuals.
- Please write one sentence about why you want to attend and why you need funds. All answers are acceptable! We appreciate your honesty.
- CONTACT US! Email us with the information above by April 13 at 5pm.
- RAFFLE! We will draw names on a live Zoom meeting on April 14 at 9am. Join us then for the fun! You do not need to be present on the Zoom Raffle to win a scholarship. We will notify you that day. If more than two people from one town/city apply, we will provide scholarships for the first two names drawn.
- You must be an affiliate or have applied for affiliation by April 7. Read about becoming an affiliate.
- If you have paid to attend the Convention in the past, we urge you to please use the same funding again! If you can access funds from your LTO, RAB or Housing Authority, please, please do. There are many people who cannot access these types of funds and we hope to offer the scholarships to them. This will allow as many tenants as possible to attend. We especially want to welcome new members and people from small Housing Authorities who usually cannot afford to come. Thank you for your understanding!
- If you win a scholarship, you must participate in the Convention! Join workshops, discussions, and bring your best self. 🙂 Thank you!