- For public housing residents
- Choose between the Tuesday Morning or Wednesday Evening series (see below)
- Via Zoom
This five-part training series will help you build confidence and skills to manage a successful Local Tenant Organization (LTO). Starting and sustaining an LTO is a lot of work, but Mass Union, MKI and our network of fellow tenants are here to help! Whether you are a seasoned leader or just getting started, join us to share tips, tricks and encouragement. We’ll talk about:
- Why to form a Local Tenant Organizations – and why not to!
- Leadership do’s and don’ts
- The rights and responsibilities of Local Tenant Organizations
- How to reach and engage other tenants by overcoming fear
- How to build power and voice to win changes at your Local Housing Authority
Please note that you can attend either the morning or evening series. The content will be the same.
Please contact Lisa Copeland to register at email@example.com.
These training series are being offered as part of our partnership with the Mel King Institute. Read more here.